Sunday, January 4, 2015

Guardians Of The Galaxy: 69 Out Of 100 Stars

I didn't like this movie as much as most people did but I'm willing to admit that in general, comic book movies are not for me.

I thought that most of the performances were fine, but way over praised. Chris Pratt however did a great job carrying it. He was perfectly cast and he responded with a career making performance.

At times it seemed to go over the line of a Star Wars homage and pretty much turn into a Star Wars ripoff, but again, it's a comic book movie so I'm not gonna dissect it like it's The Godfather or some shit.

There is a shit ton of music everywhere you turn in this movie, and usually that annoys the crap out of me, but I didn't mind it here. For starters there's a logical reason for most of it, unlike Hot Tub Time Machine for example where it just seemed like they wanted to get in an entire soundtracks worth of songs. And for seconds because the songs are all realllly fucking good.

Comic Book geeks love this movie, so I guess If you are one you don't need my opinion. To everyone else, you'll have a good time, just probably not as good a time as you might have been led to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment