Monday, July 7, 2014

Big Brother 2014: Day 32

Heh, I know nobody reads this shit so I don't know why I'm doing this. Just for my own edification I suppose. I always diary the first few episodes just to help me get into it, but I know I'll stop eventually. I might feel bad if anyone was actually reading. Anyhoo, this entry will pretty much be just me give me thoughts on the season so far.

This is easily the worst cast of any season I've watched, and I can't imagine many of the ones I haven't watched being this bad either. Let's go housemate by housemate.

Helen: Just a complete cunt, but at the same time she's pretty much the only housemate with any flavor to her at all. Yeah she goes completely mental from time to time, but just imagine how insanely boring it'd be if she wasn't there.

Ash: He seems like an OK guy but he hasn't done much at all to stand out. His few blowups and slag offs have been interesting but it's too few and far between to make him any sort of significant character so far. He's like a male clone of Helen, only running at about 20% efficiency.

Marc: Nice guy but Jesus Christ the histrionics make me want to slap him and remind him he's a fucking man and not a 13 year old girl. If he squeals one more time over his hair or eyebrows I'm gonna blow my brains out.

Stephen: Just a douche chill inducing dullard. He brings nothing to the show at all and his "relationship" with Kim is about as painful to watch as a vasectomy.

Kim: Someone on the Digital Spy forum pegged her as a robot very early on in the series, and I agree completely. She's monotone, uninteresting, waffling and boring. The only bright side to her being on the show is that when her and Steven are talking I can skip past it and kill two birds with one stone.

Winston: His windups are amusing, and at times he comes off smarter than he usually appears, but most of the time he's just a goofball who seems incapable of holding even a basic conversation.

Danielle: Sweet lord I love looking at her but she's as dumb as a box of rocks. First she's a religious zealot, then she's laughing like a mongoloid at dirty jokes, then she's playing footsie with Winston and acting like a 12 year old with her first crush. Between the Steve/Kim pairing and this new Danielle/Winston pairing, the couples on this season are just bottom of the barrel atrocious.

Marlon: Just an absolutely abysmal person & character. He never says anything that isn't cringe worthy, doesn't appear to have a brain in his head, and worst of all, he has know idea what a twat he comes across as. His entire personality is like watching a 6th grader seeing his first nudie mag.

Jale: Who the fuck knows what's up with her. Her storyline the first week so interesting but since then she's just blended in. Probably not her fault as much as how she's edited, but still, as a character she's been fairly worthless for the past few weeks.

Christopher: Yeah, the dude is just weird, and not in a fun way, just awkward and unpleasant to watch.

Chris: Easily the best part of the show so far, if just for his diary room speeches. He's the only one with a real sense of what's going and he conveys it so brilliantly. The problem is that he doesn't get involved the shit much so he's hardly ever doing anything of substance on the actual show.

Ashleigh: God, I so wanted her to be a strong, good character, but in the end she's turning out to be the 18 year old brat everyone says she is. Complaining and bitching and moping and throwing these mini temper tantrums and walking around with that fucking stuffed animal.

So yeah, when you look at that cast there just isn't anyone fun to root for. The rows tend to be fun but it's just a bunch of annoying heels going at each other so there's no real rooting interest. Add in that we've now got two completely channel changing couplings going on and it just makes for a really weak season. Maybe next year they'll change up the casting formula and go with some real people instead of just filling these pre determined roles. Doubtful, but I can dream. I'm still watching though.

No comments:

Post a Comment