Friday, January 3, 2014

We're The Millers: 20 Out Of 100 Stars

I had to tap about 90 minutes into the two hour extended version. What possessed me to watch the extended version in the first place, I'll never know.

It just doesn't get any lazier than this. A movie that requires all of it's comedy to come from asinine decision after asinine decision and makes sure every one of it's characters does the dumbest thing possible at all times. The script is shit, the comedy isn't funny, because there's always an easier solution, but then they wouldn't be able to jam in all these "comedic" situations down your throat.

The leads just don't work. Sudekis tries I suppose, but he's really got nothing to work with. And please, no more of 45 year old Jennifer Aniston doing half assed strip teases, please. I was never quite sure if the kids in the movie were kids or adults. Half the time they're treated like children, but the script has them doing quite adult things the other half of the time. I guess whatever suited the situation was good enough, why bother trying to flesh anything out, that would require effort.

Nick Offerman and Katherine Hahn, two legitimately funny people, do their best with the shitty characters they're given, but even they get old real quick.

I want a medal for making it as far as I did. I guess a little part of me was hoping they would just drive that fucking RV right into the Grand Canyon and plummet to their fucking deaths. Maybe that's in the last half hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment