Tuesday, October 29, 2013

2013 Horror Fest: Fresh Meat: 80 Out Of 100 Stars

From New Zealand, Fresh Meat provides a close to perfect horror comedy, with a dash of lesbianism thrown in. I laughed, I cringed, I got queasy, I got scared, I got a big ol boner.

A group of thugs are on the run and decide to stow away in a house till the heat dies down, but they pick the wrong house. Like really wrong. The only problem I had was, not being familiar with Kiwi culture, some of the jokes and themes went over my head, but I got the general gist.

The script is loads of fun, and all the actors, the father in particular, are more than up to the task of delivering the goods. Combining humor, blood and guts, the movie never takes it's foot off of the proverbial pedal, just pushing the humor and piling on heaps of blood and guts while still telling a nicely framed story.

Watch Fresh Meat, you'll have a ball. You might even have two.

No comments:

Post a Comment