Wednesday, October 30, 2013

2013 Horror Fest: Jug Face: 42 Out Of 100 Stars

I really have no idea what to say about this movie. I didn't dislike it, and they tell the story well. It's just that the story is so fucking out there, I was never able to get into it. Let me put it this way, everything the characters do makes sense given the story, it's just that the story, to me at least, is very silly.

Jug Face is the story of a bunch of backwoods Hillbillies and the pit in the ground that they serve. Basically the pit heals them and in return asks for a sacrifice now and again. I guess it would be dramatic if it weren't so silly, but I found it very silly, so I never felt any of the intended tension. There's not much gore at all, and the kills are meh, but that's ok because it's not that kind of movie.

A perfectly well fine, perfectly made, weird story that never once engrossed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment