Monday, October 27, 2014

2014 Horror Fest: Bride Of Re-Animator: 34 Out Of 100 Stars

A little better, but still no. Just, no.

Doctors Cain and West are back for more hijinks in this sequel that's a little better, if only because it dismisses with all the pretenses of story, but it's still fucking stupid. Barbara Crampton is not back for this installment. I guess even she has her standards. Instead we get a double shot of Kathleen Kinmont & Fabiana Udenio, both of whom you'll recognize if you watched TV in the 90's.

Fresh off a tour of duty as medics in the Peruvian civil war, and I can only imagine that the writers of this movie have a particular fondness for Peru and it's exports, the doctors return home to continue their research and bring more dead things back to life.

Maybe it's just me, but a movie this cheesy, this insanely silly, this fucking ridiculous, ought to be a lot more fun than it is.

If you can hang in till the end there are some really good gross out moments and the gore overall is better. The wild combinations of body parts spliced together, such as the 4 fingers with an eye, that gets loose and run around the house, are funny but not particularly worth enduring the rest of the film.

I guess my main complaint is that the movie seems to honest to goodness be taking itself very seriously in a lot of the dramatic moments, and while it's funny in its ridiculousness, it just kind of falls flat.

I think this may be a series that I just don't, maybe you'll have a better time, but I don't suggest you risk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment