Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cloverfield: 43 Out Of 100 Stars

Most of the 43 stars come from the expectation I had. I knew shit was gonna occur, and the waiting for it got my blood pumping. The actual execution to those jump moments were pretty damn good. Problem is there was alot of movie built around those moments, and it just wasn't very good.

Where to start? Well due to it's own hype, the first part of the movie, pre monster, bored me to death. I WANTED MONSTER.

Once things settled in I realized I didn't much care for the characters or the story being told, and that can be a problem. By the end even the monster wasn't so horrible as it really came across as too run of the mill sci-fi just on a grander scale.

So yeah, it was ok, nothing like what i was expecting or hoping (I'd have preferred more blow em up, less love story) but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment