Thursday, November 15, 2012

Con Air: 100 Out Of 100

I hate when people say "You don't get it". I find it prickish and elitist. Yet when people denegrate or lambaste this film I often think to myself, "They just don't get it".

This is a film that is parodying both itself and the genre it exists in. It takes big name stars and puts them in the most ridiculous concept of a movie. A plane full of the worst criminals on earth. Of course the hero is so right out of central casting and every cliche hero in every dumb action movie ever. But Cage, in truly one of the most underrated performances ever, plays him with Olivieresque aplomb.

Of course shit goes wrong, because with the worlds most vile, most deranged lunatic (played with even more zest by John Malkovich) around, horrible things are bound to happen.

Throw in an awesome cast of eclectic baddies. A giant plane, refueling, crashing on the Vegas strip, firefights, etc etc, I mean Jesus Christ, how can you not love this fucking movie?

It's the Airplane (no pun intended) of action movies. The single funnest time I have ever had watching a movie, and it was only the 2nd movie to ever get my 100 rating. PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment