Thursday, November 15, 2012

Strange Wilderness: 57 Out Of 100

A lot of this movie is really bad, with a lot of overdone, repetitive yelling that's supposed to be comedy and a lot of jokes that are flatter than a 6 year old girl. On the other hand it eeeks out a slightly above average rating due to the simple fact that I laughed very hard at least 6 or 7 times. Like mega hard. And it was all during the final hour. If you can hang in there past the really shitty first 30 minutes or so it turns out to have a nice LPM ratio.

Please note that from here on in, the Joey Institute Of Movie Reviews, or the JIOMR for short, will be converting to a 100 point must system for all future film reviews.

This decision came about because in rating Drillbit Taylor and Semi Pro, while they are only a star apart in my rating system, the truth is that if you broke each star into a quadrant of 25, Semi Pro would be in the high end of the 51-75 bracket while Drillbit would be in the middle end of the 26-50 quadrant. I needed a better way to display my true emotions and after an all-night meeting of the board, this is what I came up with, with the help of Rick Steiner and Hanah Montana figures. That's all.

Also, I'll be going back and re-rating my old reviews based on this new system. I expect to have this completed fully in due time, probably by the end of the day, unless i fall back asleep. That is really all.

No comments:

Post a Comment