Friday, November 16, 2012

Mulholland Drive: 40 Out Of 100 Stars

Yeah, so I had never seen this movie, I recall mainly because never thinking Naomi Watts was that hot and also because I've always found David Lynch to be just too fuckin odd. I've never been able to get past the oddness of his films and see what's supposed to be underneath, could just be my denseness, but whatever.

So now, this here film, it's.......I don't know. I liked it well enough up until it reaches THAT point. If you've seen it you know, if you haven't I'm not gonna spoiler it now no matter how old the film is.

Everyone in it is good, there's some funny and very erotic moments and the random arcs that I was waiting to come together were kind of cool. A lot of stock Lynch stuff though had me rolling my eyes, it just seems so forced at this point, it's like yeah, it's creepy, Ok, how about you just write a normal fucking character.

The twist I did not like, I won't say why, I just didn't like it and thought it was a cop out, especially when I had devoted so much time to the set up.

I wanna note that even though my rating is sub par, I think everyone should watch this movie. It is at the very least a very interesting experience and peoples takes on it are as much a part of the experience as the actual film is, but me myself, I wasn't blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment