Thursday, November 15, 2012

Iron Man: 60 Out Of 100 Stars

Fuck man, I almost feel like a grumpus for not digging this or Batman as much as I thought I should have. There will be a perfectly valid response to what I disliked about Iron Man and it is "It's a fuckin super hero movie you dumb douche". My complaint is, I never for a second bought that he could have built the first machine. The whole time i watched it I was rolling my eyes and feeling like a senior citizen complaining about shit. But alas, I didn't believe it and even though it was fun and Downey and Hurt were great, I could not get over the absurdity of it. I don't know why I didn't feel that way about Spiderman but I just didn't.

Now a little expounding on why I didn't love Batman all that much, in fact I'd knock my rating of that down about 10 points the more i think about it. I never bought Harvey Dent as a hero. From the first time I saw him I though he was smarmy, thus that entire arc didn't work for me at all. I liked Ledger but I'll be honest, Batman had no fuckin personality and was just a dude in a suit. Kilmer and Keaton both killed the version in this movie.

I gave them both above average ratings because it's not that I hated them, they were decent romps of mild fun, but all this talk about these being great films are just fanboy wanking and blind enthusiasm. Now I'm gonna go drink my prune juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment