Thursday, November 15, 2012

Magnolia: 100 Out Of 100

I can only say this. No movie has ever made me feel like I felt watching Magnolia. I hurt so badly inside, and yet at the same time felt so much joy that it's hard to quantify or explain. William H Macy is amazing. Every story drained me emotionaly and the climactic wrapping of them all together left me blubbering like a baby.

The writing, acting, music, structure, narrative by Ricky Jay, the shots, the coloring all left me for 2 hours in what i can only describe as a dead zone of absolute emotion. It's like all the deaths I've ever experienced and cried and been saddened over in my life all formed a ball and lived inside my chest for the 2 hours I watched this move. When it ended I felt weightless. This thing built up inside of me and emotionally tore through me, and when it released it was like god himself had reached inside of me and taken all the hurt and sadness in my life and ripped it out. I have never been this touched by any work of art ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment