Monday, March 4, 2013

Drag Me To Hell: 77 Out Of 100 Stars

Very fun little slapstick horror from Raimi who does slapstick horror like nobody else. Perhaps the best thing I can say about the film is that it feels very light and tight. There's no extraneous fluff, overproducing or useless shit. It has a course, delivers it's scares and jokes, and despite a predictable ending, gets to it with almost no clutter.

Every actor is spot on and just like the film itself they aren't too heavy handed. At times it almost feels like A TV show with the ease at which it moves. There are a couple of really classic scenes, the parking garage being one that just left me in fucking stitches AND caused me to jump more than a few times.

It's not exactly a classic but it's one of the better films of the year to be sure.

Believe me when I tell you, you'll enjoy being drug to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment