Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Star Trek: 80 Out Of 100 Stars

Now here's a big budget sci movie with some fucking heart and some fucking brains.

Pretty much everything in this film clicks and I was a bit leery going in as I've never been a big Star Trek fan. Not in so much as I disliked it but more in that I've always been pretty apathetic towards it.

The story is very good, it makes you think, but it's not insulting or meandering. Quality script that helps not only re image, but reinvent the Star Trek Universe. It's a perfect mix of character study and sci-fi action movie.

All of the cast is pretty much spot on in bringing something new to existing characters, but also never making you feel like you're watching the Nickelodeon version of Star Trek. And Uhuru, Oh my. Her and her green girlfriend are an M&M I'd like to melt in my mouth.

This film has got everything, and does everything at a high level. From the script, to the action, to the cinematography, it's all top notch and is blast to watch.

This Star Trek is a Trek worth going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment