Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Losers: 82 Out Of 100 Stars

A silly blow up fest, that is lifted far above what the script deserves by an awesome cast and kick ass direction.

For the first 10 or 15 minutes I was a little off put by the silly and generic script which sets up the rest of the film, but once the actors get their teeth into the thin material, they really have a ton of fun with it, and make it work wonderfully.

The script is pretty much an A-Team ripoff. I've read it's based on a comic book but I don't read those so I'm not familiar with the material. While I haven't seen the A-Team movie, I can't imagine it's anywhere near as fun as this.

I didn't recognize any of the actors, but they all deserve a fuck ton of credit for their performances. The film is visually fun, and the direction and score add so much. In a way it's almost like a more serious script might have been a hindrance. The movie works, and I wouldn't want anything to change. That's not to say the script is bad, it's just your standard 80's action TV show type script, that sets up situations and moves things along without really thinking too much about it, and just lets the actors deliver their whimsical and funny lines and blow things up.

Even as I wrote this review I bumped my rating up a few points out of the sheer pleasure I got just thinking back over the movie, and I hope like hell we see a sequel.

This is exactly what a summer action movie should be. Funny, action packed, and full of characters you love to watch.

The only Losers here are the people who don't see this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment