Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fantastic Mr. Fox: 38 Out Of 100 Stars

I love Wes Anderson, I love George Clooney, I love cartoons. So why did I not like this movie? Well for starters there isn't a single likeable character. Nobody you can get behind or root for. It's just 90 minutes of dicks being dicks to each other.

Secondly the animation is annoying. It's not fun to watch, it doesn't add anything, and more often than not I think it detracts from the characters.

Thirdly, the dialogue and the story are fantastically pedestrian. This is just stuff happening and nothing exciting or breathtaking or exhilarating happens. All of Andersons works usually have so much heart that at some point you just feel this inner yearning for a character or situation that totally envelopes you. It might not happen right away, but his builds are always great. Here? Nadda. It's just stuff.

The Fox may be fantastic, but the movie sure as fuck aint.

No comments:

Post a Comment