Monday, March 4, 2013

Land Of The Lost: 68 Out Of 100 Stars

Ya know why I like Will Ferrell? Cause he's smart enough to be the star but also surround himself with enough funny people and allow them to shine to the point that he almost becomes part of the ensemble. I dunno, just a thought I had.

I liked this movie. I was pleasantly surprised at how nicely they took the story and sort of reinvented it. They made it fresh but kept enough of the original shows ideas to also give it a nice homagey feel.

There's a pretty fine line being walked all the way thru of actually trying to tell a story and at the same time parody it, but the fact that they never take it too seriously works well. The supporting cast is awesome especially the girl from Pushing Daisies who is just scrumptious.

So yeah, it aint raucous or nothing but I had a fun time watching it.

You'll enjoy this Land, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment