Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Zathrua, A Space Adventure: 37 Out Of 100 Stars

I've wanted to see this forever now. I remember at the time it came out thinking how awesome Jumanji in space would be, but for one reason or another I never got around to seeing it. Well now I've seen it and it stinks!

I know it's pretty much made for kids and I can deal with that, but there is so little fantasy here that it gravely upset me. You'd think a house flying through space would be kinda cool in the situations it sets up, but not here. Almost every fantasy is pedestrian, from the lizard people, to the astronaut in space, to whatever, nothing was exciting, just a bunch of shit happening.

The 37 points are for 2 things. One, the 2 kids who while they whined and annoyed like kids will do, they seemed like they were doing as good a job with a bad script as possible. Two, A very young Kristin Stewart looking fine as all sunshine in a pair of short shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment