Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hot Tub Time Machine: 33 Out Of 100 Stars

Man, so much of this movie just didn't work for me. As a lover of the 80's and a stunted man child still caught in his own adolescence, I was more than excited for the prospect of a raunchy comedy set in that time period. What I got was a one note joke repeated by unlikeable characters in a movie that seems to think the idea is enough of a joke to sustain a pretty shitty script. Well it's not.

First off, although we're supposed to feel something for the four leads, all we're ever shown of them is how douchey and pathetic they are. Their better halves are barely seen, and so all we have to go on is what they say, and all I can tell about them is that they are pretty pathetic and or creepy. Why the fuck do I really care if they get fixed or not? They don't much seem like they deserve to get fixed.

I appreciate the music of the 80's but I didn't need a new song for every fucking scene. I get it, they're in the 80's, you don't have to beat me over the head with it.

I don't know, it just didn't work. It woefully didn't work.

This is one Hot Tub Time Machine I don't ever wanna step into again.

No comments:

Post a Comment