Tuesday, August 6, 2013

2012 Horror Fest: The Skin I Live In: 74 Out Of 100 Stars

Sweet beans! What an epically fucked up movie. I'm not sure how good it is, but I certainly couldn't stop watching it, especially when It reached a certain point and my stomach sort of went all oozy woozy.

Antonio Banderas is a renowned surgeon with a lab and an operating facility in his house. And if there's anything I've learned from movies, it's that no story about a surgeon with a lab and an operating room in his house can end up any way but messed up.

Elena Anaya is delicious as his patient, and I use that term loosely.

I can't really say much about the rest of the story without spoiling it so I'll just say that it builds wonderfully, and even though it clocks in at about two hours long, it never drags, in fact it keeps hitting you with new twists and turns and diverts off into different territories till you're not really sure at all how it all adds up, but when it does, hoo boy.

Psychologically fucked up, sexually explosive and downright twisted, it's a modern take on the mad scientist story that while not easy to watch at some points, is a very enthralling film.

No comments:

Post a Comment