Friday, August 2, 2013

The Human Centipede: 40 Out Of 100 Stars

I can't say I was let down, rather that once you've seen the trailers, you've pretty much seen the whole thing. The film is trailer spread out over an hour and a half. Is it gross? Sure, but even those moments become let downs. The way the first pooping is handled is sort of a downer and not played nearly as well as it should be. The chicks are kind of hot, but the decision to focus on terror instead of eroticism left me a bit deflated. Analingus should always be treated with a sexy attitude.

I don't know, the whole thing is just by the numbers, and the decision to cast a Korean and not have him speak English really took something out it for me. It just didn't help matters. The doctor is creepy, that's for sure. I guess once you get past the premise their isn't much more to do. It never really felt dramatic or even tense, and how the fuck can a movie about a human centipede not have those two things?

Not really worth it except for the intrigue you might feel to see how they actually handle the centipeding, but like I said, if you watch the trailer, you've seen enough.

The Human Centipede is a bug intriguing to hear about, but the real thing is just kind of boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment