Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Paul: 68 Out Of 100 Stars

This a movie that there's nothing wrong with, but not much of it is what I would called very good, either.

It's a pleasant little story about two chaps from England who come to America, go to Comic Con and then embark on a trip to visit some sites of alien folk lore. Along they way they meet Paul, an alien. Paul escaped from Area 51 and is trying to get to a place where his own kind can retrieve him, so he enlists our two main characters.

It's not that it's not funny or touching, but there's no real new ground broken or mighty laughs. It's fine enough, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a bit more than I got. Kristen Wig has some funny moments and the skinny lead is ok but the fat one is rather tough to watch. I dunno, it's like they had some British humor and some American humor and sort of got lost along the way trying to meld them into one.

Paul is no John, but it's no Ringo either, It's 90 minutes of George, which won't change your life, but isn't the worst you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment