Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Taken: 57 Out Of 100 Stars

I let this one slip through when it first came out despite hearing good things and being intrigued by the trailers. With the sequel about to be released I figured I'd go back and watch the original. I don't know why my expectations were high for this film, but for some reason I had it in my head that it'd be a smart action movie. Unfortunately it's not at all smart, though Liam Neeson is stellar and the action is pretty good.

I suppose Neesons performance alone makes this worth watching, but it would have been nice if his job here was presented in a film that wasn't just so over the top silly. It'd be OK if the film understood how silly it is but it keeps tugging the heartstrings and getting all serious and shit.

I can't lie, I wasn't nearly as Taken as I though I'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment