Friday, January 25, 2013

Adventureland: 62 Out Of 100 Stars

To paraphrase Dave Atell, "Look at all the trouble these people went through to bore me".

Ok, so why am I giving this a 62 instead of say a 42? Well because it's a fine enough movie I suppose. I chuckled a few times and the story is straight and true and well acted and all those things that make for a solid foundation. But god damn it man, it's long and it goes almost exactly how you would expect it to go and everything happens in tiny pieces and small slivers and it inches along and it's over, and ok that was what it was, and there is nothing adventurous going on here.

Story of a guy and a girl and some satellite guys and girls and there's talking, and they do stuff, and Kristin Stewart is a fucking piece of pre goth goth ass, but nothing about this film excited me, ya know?

My main problem with the movie is that it doesn't feel like much of anything outside of the main love story. It's supposed to be set in 1987, and although we get some music from that era and some talk from that era, it never really gives off an 80's vibe, ya know? And I was excited going in about that potential vibe cause I fuckin love the 80's, but it never comes. That's not to say that there isn't alot of pure 80's stuff in it, but man, a movie has to have a vibe, and this movie has almost no vibe at all. I mean fuck, my favorite band ever has songs placed prominently at the begging and end of the film and I had almost zero reaction.

Anyway, the acting is fine, the story is fine, everything is fine, but it's not anything special. So there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment