Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Be Kind Rewind: 58 Out Of 100 Stars

Not at all the movie I thought it would be, story wise, but still has enough laughs that I would put it on the upside of average.

The films main problem is that the 2 leads are both written as semi retarded, i think. I'm not sure what Mos Def was supposed to be portraying. Black is just a fucking insane former vet who lives in a trailer next to a power plant.

Anyhoo, the store is going under and due to a pretty funny setup, all the tapes in the place are erased.

This of course leads to the main juxt of the film which is Def and Black making their own versions of the movies that people want to rent.

The conclusion is pretty nice and not quite expected and the laughs are pretty good although not as much so during the actual filming of movies as you may think.

Definitely not the romp I thought it would be when I saw the trailer but a pleasant comedy nun the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment