Friday, January 25, 2013

Zombieland: 72 Out Of 100 Stars

Ever see a really good movie but you still end up feeling a bit underwhelmed? That's pretty much how I felt after watching Zombieland. Maybe I'm desensitized to the genre or maybe I was expecting something truly epic and I'm just being unfair, I dunno.

To be fair, there are a ton of great lines, and the film is very funny. Maybe in a better heads pace I would have had a raucous time. The cameo is fucking hilarious. I just can't help but feel like I was watching pieces of something that in a more ambitious project could gave been something more than just "a lot of fun".

I also need to say that while I wasn't overly annoyed by him, Jess Eisenberg playing Michael Cera bothered me more than Michael Cera playing Michael Cera ever has.

So there ya go. A fun zombie movie with some great comedy and cool kills that you can bump up about 10-15 points if that's all you're looking for. I was expecting a little more though.

No comments:

Post a Comment