Monday, January 21, 2013

The House Bunny: 70 Out Of 100 Stars

Rarely does a movie as stupid and silly as this one win me over, but god damn does it have a lot of heart.

Anna Ferris stars as a deposed Bunny who becomes a house mother to a sorority of misfits and hilarity ensues.

Well maybe not hilarity per se but definitely a lot of fun. I've never been infatuated with Ferris' dimwitted characters and at first I was rolling my eyes but she has this layer of sweetness and charm to her in this movie that just overtakes you. It isn't the funniest movie, though there are funny parts, and the film is pretty cliche on the surface but underneath there is just a complete likeability to almost all the characters and even though I've seen this basic film dozens of times before, The House Bunny just has such a big heart that you can't help but root for these girls and enjoy this movie.

It's funny, it's sexy, it's sweet, it's just a pleasurable movie experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment