Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nick And Noras Infinite Playlist: 82 Out Of 100 Stars

Was kind of expecting to be a little let down by this as the swoll of excitement at the trailers sort of diminished when the film was released, which is never a good sign.

Instead of being disappointed however, I was treated to what turned out to be one of my favorite movies of the year. Many people have complained about Cera playing Cera, but really I thought he was quite awesome in this film. The balance of comedy and story is near perfect and I must admit that I even cheered at a certain point late in the film and as I cheered I realized "fuck man, I care about these characters. Bravo you fun little film, bravo."

It very much has a John Hughes feel to it, updated for the current generation of course. A gaggle of characters move in and out of orbit of the main stars of film, Nick and Nora of course, over the course of one exciting evening in NYC.

Makers of movies like Paul Blart should take notice that it's very easy to make a comedy with a heart and a soul, you just have to actually put more effort into it than a 4th grader working on a history project the same morning it's due.

Just a really great all around movie experience. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment